3.1. What do I do with a network license?
A network license is installed to the CLC License Server software. Client software such as CLC Workbenches then connect to the CLC License Server to check out a network license for use.
The CLC License Server 4.0 manual contains installation and configuration information:
Getting and using network licenses
To make use of network licenses:
1) Install the CLC License Server if it is not already in place.
The CLC License Server must be installed onto a system that is contactable by the machines running the client software (e.g. a CLC Workbench). Normally the license server would be installed on a machine that is not turned off frequently and it would be run as a service.
2) Download the network license file into the licenses folder of the CLC License Server. When downloading your license, you will be asked for a License Order ID. Please copy this from your email from our licensing department or from your myCLC account.
3) Start (or restart) the CLC License Server after the new license file is added.
4) Configure client software (e.g. CLC Workbenches) to connect to the CLC License Server if this has not already been done.
Once configured, client software can request licenses from the CLC License Server. If licenses are available, they are then checked out for use.
The CLC License Server manual contains information on configuring CLC Workbenches to use a network license, as well as details about when network licenses are checked out and returned: http://resources.qiagenbioinformatics.com/manuals/clclicenseserver/current/index.php?manual=Configuring_Workbenches_use_network_licenses.html
Client software manuals also contain information on how to connect to the CLC License Server. E.g.
- CLC Workbenches: http://resources.qiagenbioinformatics.com/manuals/clcmainworkbench/current/index.php?manual=Configure_license_server_connection.html
In standard installations, the Workbench must be run as an administrative user to configure license information.
- CLC Assembly Cell: http://resources.qiagenbioinformatics.com/manuals/clcassemblycell/current/index.php?manual=Configuring_software_use_network_license.html