2.30. Variant callers incorrectly calculate the BaseQRankSum
The BaseQRankSum values reported by the Basic Variant Detection, Low Frequency Variant Detection and Fixed Ploidy Variant Detection tools were found to be incorrect for the majority of variants reported.
We expect the issue described here to have little or no impact on the identification or interpretation of variant calls within the Workbench.
This issue only affects variant identification and interpretation if the BaseQRankSum has been used as a quality and filter criteria during data analysis. Our default parameter settings and ready-to-use workflows do not make use of the BaseQRankSum values.
The BaseQRankSum value should not be used for the interpretation of variants in affected software versions.
- From CLC Genomics Workbench 7.5 up to and including version 9.5.4. Also affects version 10.0 and 10.0.1.
- From Biomedical Genomics Workbench 2.1 up to and including version 3.5.4. Also affects version 4.0.
- From CLC Genomics Server 6.5 up to and including version 8.5.4. Also affects version 9.0.
This issue was fixed in the following versions. Later releases in the same major version line (e.g. 9.x, 4.x, etc.) also contain the fix.
- CLC Genomics Workbench 9.5.5
- CLC Genomics Workbench 10.1
- Biomedical Genomics Workbench 3.5.5
- Biomedical Genomics Workbench 4.1
- CLC Genomics Server 8.5.5
- CLC Genomics Server 9.1