1.2. How do I save and apply customized View Settings?
To save the view settings in the side panel, so they are applied the next time that you open an object of the same type, please follow the instructions in this FAQ.
Examples of view settings that are often customized include, but are not limited to:
- Selected columns in table views
- View of restriction enzymes or motifs
- Personalized color settings
To save and apply your view settings please:
- Select the view settings that you prefer in the side panel
- Click on the Save View... button in the lower right corner of the workbench (Figure 1)
- Enter a name for the view settings in the text box
- Check the Save for all ... views check box (Figure 2)
- Click Save button to save the settings
- Select the saved view setting to apply from the drop down list
- Check the Use as standard view settings for a ... view check box (figure 3)
- Click the Apply button
- Click the Close button to close the window
After saving the view settings in this way, they will automatically be applied the next time that you open an object of this type.
Figure 1. Click on the Save View ... button to Save view settings. In this example the we Save table view settings after editing the columns to show.
Figure 2. Enter a name for the view settings and click Save.
Figure 3. Customize the standard settings using the option Use as standard view setting for a ... view.
For more information about Saving, removing and applying saved settings please see the manual following the links below:
CLC Main Workbench:
CLC Genomics Workbench: