5.11. What does "The server does not have a license for this product" mean?
"The server does not have a license for this product" message indicates that there is not a network license file for the CLC software you are attempting to run. It will appear as follows:
This means that the License Server was contacted, but a license was not found. The necessary license could be for a Workbench, eg. the Genomics Workbench as in the example above, or it could be for a commercial plugin, such as the CLC Genome Finishing Module. To overcome this issue, please take the following steps:
- Log in to myCLC and click "Licenses" to find the License Order ID for your Network License
- Download the license for your License Server using your License Order Id
- Restart the License Server
After you have taken the above listed steps, please try running your CLC software again. If you continue to experience this issue, please
- locate your license server log file, licenseserver.log, in the license server installation folder, and
- email email@example.com with this license server log file attached.